Here is a list of best resources to get you started with learning how to code (mostly related to Web Development). Feel free to add your favorite resources as well and help others in their journey of learning.
Audio recordings to inspire you to become a better developer
- SE Radio
- PHP Roundtable
- Laravel Portugal Live - @joselaborges
- PHP Architects
- Coding Blocks
- Coder Radio
- Full Stack Radio
- Code Podcast
- CodeNewbie Podcast
- La Vie En Code: A podcast dedicated so self-taught web developers.
- UndefinedFM: The only engineering podcast with a 2 drink minimum. Hosted by Ken Wheeler and Jared Palmer.
- Learn To Code With Me
- Shop Talk Show: A podcast about building websites starring Dave Rupert and Chris Coyier. Development, design, performance, accessibility, tooling, a little bit of everything!
- Software Engineering Daily: Daily interviews about technical software topics.
- Tech JR: A podcast hosted by two bootcamp grads to help early career developers navigate the tech industry. Topics include programming languages, technologies and frameworks, job search strategies and soft skills.
- FreeCodeCamp Podcast: An interview based podcast talking about different software developers journeys into the tech industry.
- Self-Taught or Not: A podcast covering the do’s and don’ts of software development, hosted by two software developers; one self-taught, and one not. Topics include advice for developers, technologies, interviews, and more.
- Ladybug Podcast: This podcast co-hosted by 3 ladies who wanted to add their voices to the space and share their experiences and advice. They have great discussions around how to start coding, the hot technologies right now, how to get your first developer job, and more!
- The Stack Overflow Podcast: The Stack Overflow podcast is a weekly conversation about working in software development, learning to code, and the art and culture of computer programming. Hosted by Sara Chipps, Paul Ford, and Ben Popper, the series will feature questions from our community, interviews with fascinating guests, and hot takes on what’s happening in tech.
- HTML All The Things: Join hosts Matt Lawrence and Mike Karan as they dive into the world of web development and design. In this show, they discuss running a small business, making websites, and web apps for customers from all over the industry. Matt and Mike also take a deep dive into things like their latest projects, their business strategies, and much more!
- Google Cloud Platform Podcast: The Google Cloud Platform Podcast, discussing everything on Google Cloud Platform from App Engine to Big Query. Coming to you every week.
- Kubernetes Podcast from Google: A weekly podcast focused on what’s happening in the Kubernetes community covering Kubernetes, cloud-native applications, and other developments in the Kubernetes community. Co-hosts Adam Glick and Craig Box.
- Microsoft Cloud Show: A weekly podcast on Microsoft Cloud and its applications.
History, founders on internet
- Devchat.tv: Big podcast network for more and more developer communities.
- Front End Happy Hour
- Future of Coding
- Syntax.fm: The amazing Wes Bos & Scott Tolinksi hosts a podcast covering web development, front-end, the process of learning, and business. You can also find their episodes on various apps like Spotify etc.
- Views on Vue: A weekly discussion among Vue developers about Vue and it’s ecosyste
- Developer Tea: Provides advice and tips on becoming a better developer.
- Rob Dial:Mindset Mentor talks about self-development in short 15 minutes talks
- Degree Free: Getting your dream job does not always require a degree but having the motivation and resources to get there is where Degree Free Podcast comes to fruitation in your life.
- The Daily Job Hunt by Career Hackers: This 3-minute daily podcast is the audio version of the same email, written and read by Joel Bein. The DJH shares advice no one taught you in school. In fact, it is the antidote to the damage school caused. Get curious, get creative, and get empowered.
- Huberman Lab: Huberman Lab discusses neuroscience: how our brain and its connections with the organs of our body control our perceptions, our behaviors, and our health in a way anyone can use it to his/her own benefit
InfoSec / CyberSecurity
- Darknet Diaries: Darknet Diaries is a podcast covering true stories from the dark side of the Internet. Stories about hackers, defenders, threats, malware, botnets, breaches, and privacy.
- Talk Python To Me: The show covers a wide array of Python topics as well as many related topics (e.g. MongoDB, AngularJS, DevOps).
The format is a casual 45 minute conversation with industry experts.
- Python Bytes: If you are looking for a 15 minute conversation on the topical items of the week in the Python ecosystem, be sure to jump over to Python Bytes.
- Podcast.init: Every week a new episode provides useful and informative insights into the projects, platforms, and practices that engineers, business leaders, and data scientists need to know about to learn and grow in their career.
- Real Python Talk: A weekly Python podcast hosted by Christopher Bailey with interviews, coding tips, and conversation with guests from the Python community. The show covers a wide range of topics including Python programming best practices, career tips, and related software development topics.
Computer Science topics